Thursday, July 26, 2007

Slappin' Cheeks

Something's wrong with the state of Oregan. After spending five days in jouvenile detention, two middle-school boys, both 13, are apparently facing further jail time and being registered as sex-offenders for slapping girls on the ass. In an interview, one of the boys claims slapping is a way of saying 'hello,' much like a secret hand-shake.

I'll be the first to admit that while I'm no-longer 'in' with the middle-school crowd, slapping ass-cheeks seems, well, not at all like a hand-shake. That said, it is absolutely absurd to know that in a country where Hilton and Lohan get a slap on the wrist, and treatment at a place called "Promises" (I'm still unclear on what is promised) for behavior that can kill, 13-year old boys are prosecuted for slapping butt-cheeks. It is a waste of dollars, and it is a gross representation of the un-equality that exists in today's justice system.

In my day growing up, slapping butt-cheeks would probably result in, having my butt slapped by a leather belt, after which I would not longer slap butts.

What would you do if you had your butt-cheeks slapped?

0 comments: